PROTEIN + COFFEE CAKE??!!
Well, if you are like the majority of people in the U.S. then you are currently getting into "fall mode". Pumpkin spice this, sweaters that. We are currently over here obsessing over cinnamon. This is especially great for any of you who either dislike pumpkin or just happen to be cinnamon fanatics. **Raises Hand**
This particular recipe is super simple and easy, making it fairly hard (not impossible) to screw up. PLUS - it's a huge single serving, so no sharing allowed. Score!
1. First go ahead and grab your favorite mug. Set it aside, this will be what the batter eventually goes in.
2. Mix together your Protein, Coconut Flour and 1 1/2 TSP of your sweetener in a bowl. Set aside. Depending on the type of sweetener you use and how sweet you are wanting it, you may want to add a little more (to taste).
3. In a separate small bowl mix together the cinnamon and remaining sweetener (1 TSP).
4. In a another bowl (yes, third and final bowl) whisk together all wet ingredients. This should include the egg, almond milk, applesauce and vanilla extract.
5. If you have any ingredients left over then you managed to screw it up, congrats! Haha, but seriously that means you missed something - just see where it needs to be added and add it. Now, you need to pour the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and mix them all together.
6. Go ahead and grab that favorite mug of yours that you sat aside. You're going to alternate pouring in some batter with sprinkling on a layer of your cinnamon/sweetener mix. We did about 5-6 layers of alternating, feel free to do even more or do less. Make sure to use the last of the cinnamon/sweetener mix on the very top.
7. Pop this beauty in the microwave for about 3-4 minutes (depending on the strength of your microwave). Ours turned out perfect at about 3 1/2 minutes.
8. Top with some whipped cream...or not...and enjoy.
NEED CINNAMON FROSTING PROTEIN?
We can help! This is a ridiculously high quality protein, 80% Whey Isolate/ 20% Micellar Casein with only 100 calories per serving!